RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - WORKFORCE - FAMILY WORKS
Job Description Summary:
The Services Manager is responsible for maintaining the healthy environment of the resident through intervention, prevention and referral. This includes conducting social assessments on each family to determine the level of assistance needed in such areas as: employment, physical and mental health, family functioning, childcare, and the ability to maintain the household. Duties include researching needs of the community, building relationships with community organizations, identifying barriers that prevent clients engaging in services, creates individual treatment plans, refer clients to community resources, and follow up with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts initial Family, Youth, Workforce, Senior assessments and Individual Action Plans (IAPs) with short and long term goal planning, that leads the client to increased levels of self-sufficiency
- Engage residents connecting them to appropriate services regarding self-sufficiency, including physical, mental health, unemployment, substance abuse, domestic violence and family stability
- Refer residents to HHCD LCSW clinical services, when applicable
- Maintains relationships with external service providers, as well as employers to increase resident engagement in critical services for Family, Youth, Workforce, and Seniors
- Maintains residents release of information forms to ensure appropriate information sharing
- Conducts weekly follow-up and case management to ensure residents are progressing towards self-articulated goals and maintaining lease compliancy
- Maintains resident files and records case management activity in centralized database (Salesforce)
- Tracks client outcomes and produce quarterly reports on service provisions
- Responds to referrals from property management firms, in connection with residents who fail to meet site specific criteria or lease compliance
- Advocates for resident and facilitates meetings with property management to resolve any conflict when necessary
- Develop, create, and implement monthly calendars on educational and informational activities at your site to increase knowledge and awareness on health and wellness, financial responsibility, employment, job training, career counseling and coaching, family stability based on resident feedback and needs observed in the community for every member of the household
- Fosters new partnerships with businesses/agencies and increase network of resources through relationship building and conducting asset mapping to enhance services available at the site
- Serves on policymaking committees and social service consortiums, assists in community development and assists clients by advocating for solutions to community problems at all governmental levels.
- Contributes to quarterly newsletter
- Provide transportation assistance for employment related activities
- Assist with the coordination of CHA’s Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP)
- Conduct well-being checks
- Reviews case management protocol and work to streamline processes to improve service delivery
- Attend interagency meetings, community meetings and facilitate monthly resident meetings with other staff members
- Research best practices for opportunities to improve current model of service provisioning
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management
- Number of Households Engagement
- Number of Employment Attainment or Retention (Youth, Adults, Seniors)
- Number of Referrals for Scholarships/Training
- Number of Compliance Remediation
- Completed Files
- Successful Audit
- Events/Workshops (Workforce, Youth, Seniors per Month)
- Family Fun Day
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Community Partnerships/Development Activities (Community Meetings, CHA Meetings, Employment, Property Management)
Qualifications and Competencies:
1.) Minimum degree and experience required:
Bachelor degree in social work, psychology or related field. Master preferred with 3 years demonstrated experience working in a social service, education or workforce development position providing assessment and case management services or 5+ years’ experience
Essential skills for this position include: critical thinking, social perceptiveness, time management, systems analysis, knowledge of human behavior and performance, and knowledge of principles, methods and procedure for diagnosis of physical and mental health dysfunctions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ability to interact positively with diverse groups of clients with various educational and economic backgrounds.
Excellent organizational skills and knowledge of MS Office and experience with MS Excel and a centralized database client tracking system is necessary.
Performance Expectations: Confidentiality, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of residents, and management; maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with other employees and customers; ability to work with and through others is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the organization.
Working Conditions: Work is performed largely in an office environment. Hours of work will generally be performed during regular business hours and average at least forty (40) hours a week. There will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines and other concerns. A minimum of one (1) weekday evening (Thursday), and one (1) Saturday per month will be required.
Relationships: Will have strong relationships with the entire CHA FamilyWorks staff, ROSS grant staff, Holsten Property Management Company, as well as various external vendors and service provider representatives.
Driving Requirements: Position requires the need to utilize personal transportation for the purpose of: (i) traveling to and from CHA’s residents/clients apartments for meetings and property inspections; (ii) attending meetings and events on and off of HHCD’s sites; (iii) meeting with vendors and other for the purpose of picking-up and delivery of equipment and supplies to HHCD’s offices. Position requires a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage.
Travel Requirements: Position require the frequent need (20-50% of the time) to utilize personal transportation in order to perform some or all of the essential job duties and requirements, as described herein. Position requires a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage.
A criminal background check is required for all employees working for Holsten Human Capital Development, NFP.